Explore Our Indoor Playspace!
Imagine an enormous room filled with toys: LEGOs, K'nex, Zome, magnetic blocks, wooden, stone, and cardboard blocks, electronics kits, puzzles, board games, and computer games. That's our indoor playspace - an indoor playground where kids and adults come to build and create together.
- What You Can Do in our Playspace
- Playspace Hours
- About Drop-ins
- About Drop-offs
- Robotics and Electronics
- 3D Printer, Laser Cutter, and Soldering
What You Can Do in our Playspace
Our Toddler Space
80-watt Laser Cutter
Games, Books, Puzzles
- Build with LEGO, K'Nex, Kapla Blocks, LEGO DUPLO, Anker Blocks, magnetic blocks, Zome.
- Play with Tavern Puzzles, stacking puzzles, boxed puzzles, board games, mini kitchen.
- Program and build with LEGO WeDo, LEGO Mindstorms and use our FLL mission boards*
- Build with Snap Circuits*
- Use our 3D printer, laser cutter**, CAD workstations, and electronics/soldering workstations.***
- Have our operators cut a laser project
- And much more!
Regular Drop-In Hours:
- Monday-Wednesday 3-6 pm
- Thursday 1-6 pm
- Einstein After Dark: We are also open Thursday nights from 6-9pm for adult-only (18+) drop-ins.
- Friday 3-6pm
- Saturday 10am-6pm
- Sunday 1-6pm
We are closed the following holidays:
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- July 4th
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
** Qualified users only, additional materials and time fees may apply. See below for details.
*** Qualified users only, when not being used for classes. Please call ahead to check class schedule if you plan to use these stations.
Children (18 and under) have priority over adults at all stations until 6pm.
If you'd like to run errands without the kids, drop them off with us. For $18/child, unaccompanied children may stay for a maximum of 2 hours. The playspace is open whenever Einstein's Workshop is open, although the computer lab may be occupied by a class.
- Children being dropped off must be eight or older.
- Parents must leave an emergency contact cell number and sign a release form.
- Any child being dropped-off must want to stay (without a parent/guardian).
- All dropped-off children must be potty trained.
- Any child that might require prescription medication during their stay is not eligible for drop-off. (e.g., Epi-pen)
- Drop-offs are strictly limited to two hours.
Robotics and Electronics
Dedicated builders may build working machines and robots with LEGOs using WeDo (basic engineering) and Mindstorms (advanced). If you do not have a laptop with the WeDo or Mindstorms software installed, please contact the front desk to check out a laptop. Budding electrical engineers may use Snap Circuits to build lights, a buzzer, a twirling propellor, even an AM radio!*
3D Printer, Laser Cutter, and Soldering Policies
Our CAD workstations and soldering/electronics stations are available to anyone who has completed prerequisite classes or who can demonstrate proficiency at these stations.
Our 3D printer is available to anyone who has successfully completed our Introduction to 3D Printing course, or our Introduction to 3D CAD course. Additional model-printing fees of $0.20 per minute for standard plastics and $0.25 per minute for specialty plastics (e.g., glow-in-the-dark) apply.
Our laser cutter is available at $2 per minute for trained operators. For a cost of $2.50 per minute of laser time, adults who have not qualified on the laser cutter, as well as minors, may have an Einstein's Workshop operator run the laser cutter for them if one is on-duty at that time, or may leave jobs for later pickup.
For full laser-cutter policies, click here.