The Cure for Boredom No plans this afternoon or weekend? Looking for something to do with the kids that's both fun and educational? Bring them to our Drop-in Space, where we provide the tools and the space for engaging, hands-on learning. They can play with a wide variety of educational toys and tools, including:
- Anchor Blocks
- Kapla Blocks
- Snap Circuits
- Rainbow Loom
- Papercraft corner
- Board games
* Subject to availability of computer labs.
Want to make something on our 3D printer or laser cutter? Please read our Fabrication Services info.
Missing Adult Conversation?Not just for kids, our Drop-in Space is a great place for adults to play and socialize, too. Build with your kids, make your own creations, or just relax with friends. Remember, you get in free with your child! Our staff of mentors are always available to answer questions and help you get the most out of your play.
- $12 per adult
- $12 per child. One free adult drop-in per child.
- $6 per senior
- Children under 3 are free
- Click here for full drop-in policies.
- $18 per unaccompanied child
- Children being dropped off must be eight or older.
- Parents must leave an emergency contact cell number and sign a release form.
- Any child being dropped-off must want to stay (without a parent/guardian).
- All dropped-off children must be potty trained.
- Any child that might require prescription medication during their stay is not eligible for drop-off. (e.g., Epi-pen)
- Drop-offs are strictly limited to two hours. Late pick-up will incur additional fee.
The Benefits of Unstructured PlayStudies show that unstructured play is incredibly important for learning, particularly for math and science, and more generally for the development of organizational skills, innovation, and collaboration. In our exploration space, kids have the freedom to develop these skills independently and with others. They can try out new design ideas or use our challenges as prompts for further creativity.
See these articles about the importance of unstructured play: