Inspire Kids in STEM:
- Do you love robots? And LEGO? And techy toys?
- Do you love math, science, and technology?
- Is playing with a laser cutter or 3D printer your idea of a good time?
- Do you love watching children discover new concepts?
- Do you like working with students in hands-on, project-based classes?
If so, then this is the job for you!
Einstein’s Workshop is a hands-on STEAM enrichment center in Burlington, MA. We’re looking for enthusiastic teaching assistants to help teach students, build confidence, and have fun!
- The Traveling Teaching Assistant will help teach Einstein’s Workshop classes at after school programs in the Greater Boston Area to students in grades K-8. This job starts as a part-time TA but can easily add weekend hours and can potentially grow to an Instructor position for qualified applicants.
- Great job for college students, retirees, part-time workers looking to ease back into the workforce, or particularly qualified high school students.
- Locations include Andover, Arlington, Boston, Beverly, Burlington, Lexington, Needham, Newton.
- Starting at 2-10 hours per week. Can grow over time, especially in the summer when it can be a full-time job if desired.
- Typical shifts are as soon as school ends at the location for 1.5-2 hours (usually starting around 3-4pm).
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Experience in STEM related fields is helpful but we will train the right person with our tools and curriculum!
Why join Einstein's Workshop?
- Amazing fun! You get paid to hang out with kids and teach them about 3D printing, robotics, coding, and even playing Minecraft!
- Flexibility: We need people for weekends, weekdays, on-site, and offsite. We can often find a great schedule that works well for you. Position can change from part-time to full-time seasonally.
- Work on what interests you! We need instructors who enjoy learning as much as they enjoy teaching.
- Teach in a high energy environment where passion and excitement are key.
- Inspire the next generation of scientists, programmers, roboticists, and engineers!
- Be a part of a small team and really make a difference.
Who we are looking for:
- Some experience instructing groups of children grades K-8. Especially helpful is experience with grades K-2.
- Infectious enthusiasm that fosters innovation and creativity in kids’ learning.
- Interest and background in one of the following areas is helpful: science, technology, programming, engineering, math, electronics, digital art.
- STEAM experience is helpful, but we are happy to train enthusiastic instructors on our curriculum and technology!