Hands-On STEM Field Trips for Grades 2-6
Making & Design| Computer Programming | Engineering | Robotics
2 Hour Field Trips; a.m. and p.m. time slots
$12 per student; Maximum number of students--80
How it Works:
Small Groups rotate through designated stations to explore various STEM principles.
Possible Station Topics Include:
- Grades 2-3: Learn Programming Concepts Using Scratch
- Grades 4-6: Learn Programming Concepts Using Scratch OR Minecraft Redstone Engineering
Explore Engineering Design Process
- Grades 2-3: Block tower building competition and/or LEGO car ramp challenge
- Grades 4-6: Bridge building competition and/or LEGO car ramp challenge
Making & Inventing
- Grades 2-3: Lights, Sounds, and more with Snap Circuits and/or 3D Printer Demonstration
- Grades 4-6: 3D Computer Design using BlocksCAD and 3D Printer Demonstration
Robotics & LEGO
- Grades 2-3: Create a LEGO city and/or Build a self-propelled LEGO Vehicle.
- Grades 4-6: Build a LEGO City and/or Controlling and Programming Robots
Adult Chaperones are required.